LG DV7711P

[ Other Replys ] [ Reply to this message ] [ Return to Discussion Forum ]
Posted by Gonzo on March 26, 19103 at 03:07:38:

Remote hack worked for LG DV7711P (Purchased in Australia at "Goodguys" Taren Point NSW on 26/03/03)

1) Power on player with no disc in tray
2) Wait untill "No Disc" appears in LED Display
3) Press PAUSE on remote
4) Key in 314159 from the remote (The display will now show a "CODE --" prompt)
5) On the REmote, press the single number (0 to 6) for your chosen region (For multi-region, select 0 ).
6) Press PAUSE again on the Remote
7) Power off player
8) Wait 5 secs or more, turn player on, and away you go.

NOTE:- If you are having trouble getting the hack to work, try pressing "STOP" on the remote before you press "PAUSE" for the first time.

Before I followed above directions I set up the DVD Player and played Santana's "Supernatural" region 4 DVD.

I then tried to play Mel Gibson "Payback" Region 1. I get an onscreen message " Check Region".

After following the directions I successfully played Mel Gibson "Payback" Region 1. It ran perfectly.

By the Way, my TV plays back PAL, NTSC and SECAM, as does my VCR.

Apparently the LG DV7711P, along with many other LG DVD players, uses the same chip as the Aiwa XR-DV370KN player.

A hack for turning Macrovision OFF is as follows:-

1. Press "Setup" on the remote, and highlight "TV Aspect"
2. Place the cursor on "16:9 Wide" and enter the following code on the Remote
3. 1397139
4. Press "Enter"

PLEASE NOTE - I haven't tried the Macrovision hack, as I can do it all through my PC, and don't want to risk my DVD Player.

To View Firmware details ( Haven't tried this either):-

To view firmware version carry out the following :
Press REmote "Setup"
On Remote select "TV Aspect" and put the cursor on the 16:9 Wide option
On Remote, press 1, 3, 9, 7, 1, 3 and 9
On Remote, press Enter
You should now see the Firmware Version Screen
Pressing REmote "Setup" Exits the Screen

If you are using an S-video lead to connect your DVD to your TV, then after viewing the firmware page you will probably be faced with a black screen and no output. This is because the TV Output has reverted to it's default setting. The simple solution is to connect by an alternative method and change the setting back.  However, if you don't want to disturb your machine you may like to try changing the setting "blind" (thanks to Deano for this).

1.Power on the player with no disc in the drive

2.Wait for the NO DISC illumination on the LED

3.Press "SETUP" on the remote

4.Press "DOWN" seven times slowly

5.Press "RIGHT", then "UP", then "ENTER"

Your screen will come on!

Thanks to the following sites:-

LG DVD Uncovered ( check site for screen shots of GUI) http://members.lycos.co.uk/ittroll/

Aiwa DVDPlayer Owners - also includes The LG List http://aiwaownersnetwork.tripod.com/

Other Replys

Name:

E-Mail:

(optional)

Subject: