Re: Daewoo DVG 5200S - Any hack?

[ Other Replys ] [ Reply to this message ] [ Return to Discussion Forum ]
Posted by capahedo on July 02, 19103 at 21:20:06:

In Reply to: Daewoo DVG 5200S - Any hack? posted by Michael on June 03, 19103 at 23:48:59:

GREAT NEWS DVG-5200S Owners (if you are not go out to Target and buy one now... GREAT MACHINE for any amount of money)

All credit to: / lil_mama / From the: Nerd-Out.com Forum /And the Group:Daewoo/Electrohome/Citizen

(lil_mama mentioned this hack for a Daewoo DVG-8500N... I tried it on the DVG-5200S and IT WORKED!!!)

Region free Hack for
DAEWOO DVG-5200S
(Sold at Target Stores in USA for around $68.00 regular price... they do run it on sale periodically)

Press the keys on the remote in the following order:

"SETUP"

Then press numbers:

"1"
"3"
"6"
"9"
"left"
"left"
"left"
"right"

Then a new button called "VERSION" will be the 4th topic on your "SETUP MENU"

Use your "down" arrow to the "VERSION" button and select by pressing "PLAY"

"REGION CODE" is your only choice (other goodies are grayed out unless YOU can find the hack)

You can set the Region code to 0 for code free or to each region number by using your "right" arrow key and then pressing the "up" arrow or the "down" arrow to scroll through your choices.

Once you set your region to 0 (for region free) just exit out to the MAIN PAGE and your selection will be set.

ONE NOTE: Although all of the above worked great on my 5200S, and when I go back into the setting it does remember my region 0 setting, unfortianatly right now I only have Region 1 DVD's so I have not tested the hack with a Region 2 or other Region disk. Once you hack and test (I will be doing so in the next month when I recieve my OASIS Music [Region 2 from the UK] DVD's) please post to this group if you got it to work.

PS - This Daewoo DVD player is KILLER good! An awesome deal for $60.00 bucks (on sale) Has loads of features and of course plays NTSC, PAL, VCD, MP3... the works. I almost bought the Amazon.com "Norcent DP300 DVD Player (Silver)" and this DAEWOO seems leaps and bounds past that machine. Just my opinion but I am a DAEWOO fan now in a BIG WAY!

Other Replys

Name:

E-Mail:

(optional)

Subject: